If you have been thinking about trying CBD oil there have probably been several questions that have run through your head as you have considered it. How do I know what is the best to buy? Can I buy organic CBD oil? Will CBD oil help with inflammation? Or, importantly, where is there CBD oil for sale near me?
Like most things in life, different CBD products are more effective for different people, in different quantities, but there are some general things to look out for that will ensure that you get the best CBD for your needs.
What is CBD?
CBD or cannabidiol is one of the natural compounds in the hemp plant. When it is taken it works with the body’s endocannabinoid system to help to keep the body in balance, assisting in controlling several aspects including inflammation, mood, digestion, and pain management.
It is not only humans that have an endocannabinoid system, in fact, most animals also have one. This means that they can also benefit from the therapeutic effects of CBD, and we are seeing more and more people using CBD for dogs, cats, horses, and other pets.
Set your Criteria
To be able to determine the best CBD products to buy depends on what you are looking to take it for. The criteria that you should consider include:
- The quality of CBD
- The price of CBD
- How quickly you want it to take effect - and how long you want it to last for
- Your delivery method of choice
Getting Good Quality CBD Oil
The most important aspect of getting the best CBD oil is to ensure that it is top quality. To ensure this, you need to think about:
Organic CBD Oil
We recommend that you buy organic CBD oil, meaning that it is made from hemp that is grown in an organic environment, will contain no nasty chemicals, and ensure that it is completely natural. We like OrganiCBD oil, which is made simply from organic CBD and organic fractionated coconut oil to help it to be absorbed into the body better.
Certificate of Analysis
As well as getting organic CBD oil, you should also check the certificate of analysis that should be supplied with the CBD. The certificate of analysis should have been produced by an independent laboratory and will give you a breakdown of the compounds that are present in the product.
Full Spectrum or Broad Spectrum CBD Oil?
The other compounds that are present can affect how effective your CBD is, through the entourage effect. This is the concept that the benefits of CBD can be enhanced when it is taken in conjunction with some or all of the other compounds in the plant.
CBD can usually be bought as either full spectrum CBD or broad spectrum CBD. The difference between the two types is that full spectrum CBD will contain all of the other compounds that are present in the plant – including small amounts of THC – tetrahydrocannabinol – the cannabinoid that can make you high when taken in larger amounts.
Broad spectrum CBD will give you most of the cannabinoids, but not all. This is especially recommended if you have an allergy to tetrahydrocannabinol, for example, as it is essentially CBD oil without THC.
When it comes to buying CBD products you will often get what you pay for – that is, if it is very cheap, it is probably not of good quality and you should avoid it. The best way to buy cheap CBD that is of good quality is to buy it online. This is because online shops like CBD Only Stores don’t have the same overheads as a brick and mortar store, meaning that they can keep their costs low and the quality high.
Make sure that you buy from a reputable online store to ensure that you get what you are expecting, and when you buy CBD oil online you should be able to get access to the certificate of analysis as well as other information that can verify its quality.
Remember that CBD oil is not the same as hemp oil. Hemp oil is made from pressed hemp seeds, that contain no CBD, so, although full of antioxidants and other goodness, it won’t give you any CBD.
CBD Delivery Methods
There are several different ways that you can take CBD hemp oil:
- CBD oil tinctures can be taken under the tongue where they are absorbed quickly through the lining of the mouth. This comes into effect within a few minutes but will not stay for too long in the bloodstream. CBD oil drops can also be added to soups and sauces to create CBD rich edibles.
- CBD Vaping involves the heating of CBD oil to the temperature where it vaporizes and can then be inhaled. This is usually done through a CBD oil pen and it comes into effect very quickly as the CBD enters the bloodstream through the lungs.
- CBD capsules and edibles are ingested with the CBD entering the bloodstream through the digestive system. This can take up to a couple of hours to come into effect but it will last for up to about eight hours. Edibles can come in the form of gummies, sweets, baked goods, and drinks.
- CBD topicals are used more specifically for helping skin, muscles, and joints, whereby the CBD enters through the skin. CBD topicals are usually in the form of creams, gels, balms, and bathing products.
The amount of CBD that you take will also vary according to who you are and what you are taking it for. CBD oil dosage for anxiety, for example, would be different from that for inflammation.
There are a number of factors that you need to think about when you are considering the best organic CBD oil to buy. The best one for you will depend on your own unique circumstances but a great way to ensure that you are getting a good quality CBD oil online is to buy it from an honest and trustworthy online CBD store that provides you with all of the relevant information.